The MOS Four Nations Championship Final
took place alongside CertMatters.Live
, our inaugural educator professional development event on 22nd June 2018 in Design Museum London.
The top 8 students in each MOS program, PowerPoint, Word and Excel beat thousands of students across the UK & Ireland to secure their place as one of the 24 top performing students in the MOS Four Nations UK & Ireland Championship Final.
- 8 MOS4N PowerPoint Finalists: Felicity Simpson (High School for Girls, Gloucester), Jamie Woodhouse-Wright (Treorchy Comprehensive School), Saoirse Larkin (Banagher College), Michaela Habartova (University of St Andrews), Saskia Yeung (Ark Walworth Academy), Oliver Hackett (Ormiston Park Academy), Rahand Suliman (New College Leicester) and Connor Philips (Treorchy Comprehensive School)
- 8 MOS4N Word Finalists: Jack Shanahan (Colaiste Chill Mhantain), Callum Frost (New College Lanarkshire), Julianne Amata (High School for Girls, Gloucester), Adam Drummond (St Ninian’s High School), Adam House (Treorchy Comprehensive School), Niall Kirkham (York St John University), Alex Mitchell (Royal Grammar School Guildford) and Alexander Fairweather (The St Leonards Academy)
- 8 MOS4N Excel Finalists: Christopher Doyle (University College Dublin), Iona Shaw (University of Gloucestershire) Matthew Davies (Treorchy Comprehensive School), Bianca Bergin (Cork Training Centre), Dean McArdle (New College Lanarkshire), Shiv-Raj Radia (Birmingham City University), Jake Smith (Birmingham City University) and Natasha Shaw (Sheffield Hallam University)
A special thank you to Tina Jones
(Education Engagement Manager, Microsoft UK) who delivered a welcome session to the 24 finalists. Tina congratulated them on their achievement this far and highlighting the value and importance from a senior employer’s perspective which having Microsoft credentials on a CV will have for these students in future.
Harry Potter MOS Team Project
In addition to taking the MOS decider exam, in PowerPoint, Word and Excel, the 24 students were placed into Harry Potter House teams. Within these teams, and using a world built in Minecraft:EE as the catalyst, students demonstrated their 21st Century Skills such as collaboration, communication and their individual MOS digital skills to work together to create a business plan to launch a new music act. This was then presented to a panel of judges.
Harry Potter MOS Team Project Winners
The winner of the MOS Project was the Ravenclaw House
: Saskia Yeung (Ark Walworth Academy), Jamie Woodhouse-Wright (Treorchy Comprehensive School), Bianca Bergin (Cork Training Centre), Shiv-Raj Radia (Birmingham City University), Alex Mitchell (Royal Grammar School, Guildford) and Adam Drummond (St Ninian’s High School). Each student took home an X-Box One among many other amazing prizes.
MOS UK & Ireland Champions
There are only 3 students out of 24 who could be crowned winners. These students will be flying the flag and representing their country in the World Championship Finals in Orlando, Florida in July. MOS Four Nations Champions beat hundreds of thousands of students across the UK & Ireland, proving they have the best digital skills in their respective program categories.
3 MOS4N UK & Ireland Champions are as follows:
- PowerPoint: Michaela Habartova, University of St Andrews, Scotland
- Word: Adam Drummond, St Ninian’s High School, Isle of Man
- Excel: Christopher Doyle, University College Dublin, Ireland
We will be introducing you to our finalists over the next few days, be sure to keep an eye out for these articles.
Highlights and Photos
- In case you missed them, highlights of MOS Four Nations Final social engagement on Twitter can be seen here.
- For professional photos from MOS Four Nations Final you can view our album here.
About Prodigy Learning Prodigy Learning
Certiport EMEA Partner of the Year 2017, is an award-winning EdTech business, providing digital skills certifications and learning solutions for Adobe, Autodesk, Microsoft and other technologies. These IT certifications deliver job-ready skills, improving employability for students and productivity for employees.
Prodigy is a Microsoft Authorised Education Gold Partner and Global Training Partner, supporting academic institutions with Microsoft Imagine Academy and other Microsoft Education solutions.